One of the first steps with learning anything is finding available learning resources for it. So today I am just finding a list of various tutorials, blogs, podcasts, books, and video to use for self teaching.
Note: I did not thoroughly inspect any of the resources in this list. Just basic searches and brief scan of the site to come back to later if it looks like it might be useful.
Some people hate reading. If thats you, go ahead and skip this category. I for one love reading, though I definitely prefer good fiction to technical books.
A quick Amazon search will give you books like:
- Xamarin Mobile Application Development: Cross-Platform C# and Xamarin.Forms Fundamentals 1st ed. Edition
- Xamarin: Cross-Platform Mobile Application Development
- Mastering Xamarin.Forms
I would encourage you to go to amazon and search for Xamarin and see what comes up.
- The Official Xamarin.com Blog
- Jonathan Peppers – Author or Co-Author of a couple of the books in the list
- Chris Riesgo – seemed to have several Xamarin related posts
- Telerik’s Blog – viewing the posts with the Xamarin tag
- Blog About Xamarin – it’s in the name
- Blue Tube Inc – business blog
- The Xamarin Podcast – pretty straightforward title
- Gone Mobile – looks like they talk about Xamarin here
- Xamarin’s Developer Guides
- Tutsplus Xamarin Tutorial
- Stormpath – Getting started with Xamarin in Visual Studio
- Sitepoint Tutorial
- Code Mahal – series of Xamarin tutorials
- RayWenderlich.com – a getting started tutorial
Video Tutorials/ Youtube
- Xamarin Forms Tutorial: Build Native Mobile Apps with C#
- Xamarin Android – How to Create a Really Simple Android App
- Lynda.com Tutorial
- Xamarin Evolve 2016 – videos of sessions at the 2016 Xamarin conference
There are other resources out there but this is just to get started with. Also some of these links are to another list of link.
After getting an understanding of the breadth and scope of what learning Xamarin will cover, I will be picking a more narrow topic and exploring it further.